As part of ensuring sustainability in our business practice, it is important to instill a culture of environmental values in our operations. Our reach consists of all factors including employees to community and environment where it is shown in our policy and practice. For 2011 various programme have taken place:
- Majlis Mesra Rakyat whereas BAB has brought representatives from government agencies, heads of villagers and local people to visit our farm in Kerpan on 28 April 2011. Indirectly it gave them an insight of how our operation works at the same time to give an opportunity to direct any queries.
- Organized a casual meeting with the Department of Fisheries in ‘Majlis Berbuka Puasa’ to exchange views and ideas to further develop the shrimp farm project. This is also important to gauge their interest and perceptions of our farm.
- Town hall – organized every monthly is to ensure that employees can express their opinions and ideas to the management. It shows that each of them has a right to voice out their ideas and their opinions is counted.
- ‘Anugerah SMK Air Hitam, Kedah’ – BAB has contributed prize for Best Student of SMK Air Hitam and stationeries to the students who will be sitting for the UPSR in the district of Penarik.
- Participated in ‘Karnival Usahawan Negeri Kedah’ to demonstrate/show achievement in a shrimp farm in Kerpan, and to support the community event.
- Among of BAB initiatives to express our concerns to the community are organizing ‘Majlis Berbuka Puasa’ and ‘Sumbangan Hari Raya’ for the needy every year. It definitely assist the families to prepare for the celebrations hence lessening their burden.
- The contribution of ‘Qurban’ in Kerpan and Setiu where it was distributed to the villagers and staff. Hence building stronger bond among staff and community by working together during Qurban.
- A fund was allocated to help flood victims in Kerpan and Setiu to ease their burden.
Through our motto; Quality, Safety and Ecology, we will continue in various engagement activities with our stakeholder in working towards our reach. In future, this will greatly assist our growth and coexist mutually with the surrounding area and community.