Integrated Shrimp Aquaculture Park or iSHARP is a 1000ha farm located in Setiu, Terengganu and is managed by iSHARP Sdn Bhd (a wholly owned subsidiary of Blue Archipelago Berhad). iSHARP Farm is a modern design facility to enable shrimp hatchery and farming activities to be carried out in an orderly and more sustainable manner. iSHARP is developed into 2 phases:
Phase 1 iSHARP covers an area of 432 ha comprising of 263 ponds has started operations since 2011 with a production capacity of 3,500MT per annum and a dedicated Specific Pathogen Free (SPF) hatchery that has a production capacity of producing 80 million post larvae per annum. Both facilities are certified under MyGap and FQC. 98% of iSHARP’s employees are Malaysian.
Phase 2 iSHARP covers an area of 568 ha and will be developed in stages over the next few years based on latest farming methods.Phase 2 has the potential of producing 5,000MT of shrimps per annum.
iSHARP is an innovative approach targeted to provide the following benefits:
- To encourage cooperation between Private Sectors, State Government of Terengganu and Federal Government to stimulate aquaculture industries and it’s modernization
- To deliver high quality and consistent certified products for premiums markets
- To develop Malaysian local brand in international market
- To create employment and generate source of income in rural areas especially in the district of Setiu
- To create business opportunity and economic activities for small and medium entrepreneurs in aquaculture industries and for support assistance
- To be a sustainable aquaculture business model socially and economically.